Greater Spokane Substance Abuse Council's (GSSAC)
2013 Scholarship Honoring Harry Kennedy
In accordance with Greater Spokane Substance Abuse Council's (GSSAC) commitment to support drug free decisions by youth,
we are proud to sponsor the GSSAC 2013 Scholarship in honor of Harry Kennedy
to be awarded to a Spokane County high school senior who plans to continue his/her education.
This $1,000 award will be presented to the student who submits the winning essay, highlighting why he or she has chosen to be drug free.
- Write an essay highlighting why you have made the decision to be drug free. This should be based on personal experience and/or research.
- The essay is to be type written, double-spaced, and a maximum of two pages.
- Creativity, grammar, and punctuation will be considered.
- Each submission must include only:
- Name, address, and phone number of student
- Name, address, and phone number of student's high school
- Name, address, and phone number of the accredited institution to which the student has applied or will apply
- Absolutely no other information and/or materials are to be submitted. Submitting any additional information and/or materials not requested in the guidelines will disqualify the potential scholarship recipient.
- In addition to the essay, the scholarship winner will read his or her essay to the GSSAC Board of Directors at their June 11, 2013 meeting.
- Submissions must be received no later than 4:30p.m., Thursday, March 21,
2013 at the Prevention Center—8104 East Sprague Avenue, Spokane Valley, WA 99212-2900, Phone: 922-8383.
No emailed or faxed forms will be accepted.
All submissions become the property of GSSAC.
Payment will be made only to the recipient's account at an accredited institution of his or her choice.
GSSAC staff, board members, or family members of the same are not eligible for this scholarship.