Greater Spokane Substance Abuse Council's
2017 Scholarship Essay Competition
"Why I Have Chosen to Be Drug Free"
Committed to supporting healthy, drug free decisions among our community’s youth, the Greater Spokane Substance Abuse Council (GSSAC) with support from many community supporters is proud to sponsor our 2017 Scholarship Essay Competition. One scholarship in the amount of $1,000.00 will be awarded to the Spokane County resident high school senior who submits the winning essay on “Why I Have Chosen to Be Drug Free.” Payment will be made to the recipient’s account at an accredited institution/vocational school of their choice.
- Write an essay highlighting why you have made the decision to be drug free. This should be based on personal experience and/or research.
- The essay is to be type written, double-spaced, and a maximum of two (2) pages.
- Creativity, grammar, and punctuation will be considered.
- Submissions must include a cover sheet with the
- Name, address, and phone number of student
- Name, address, and phone number of student's high school
- Name and address of the accredited institution to which the student has applied or will apply
- Absolutely no other information and/or materials are to be submitted. Submitting any additional information and/or materials not requested in the guidelines will disqualify the potential scholarship recipient.
- The 2017 scholarship winner will read his or her winning essay at the GSSAC Board of Directors'
meeting on Tuesday June 13, 2017 at 8:00am.
- Submissions must be received no later than 4:30p.m., Thursday, March 16, 2017 at GSSAC’s Prevention Center located at 200 North Mullan Road, Suite 102, Spokane Valley, WA 99206 (note new address from previous years).
Emailed or faxed forms will NOT be accepted.
All submissions become the property of GSSAC. GSSAC staff, board members, or family members of same are not eligible for this scholarship.